- The mouth-blown Lamberts Original Restoration Glass (so-called cylindrical glass / cylinder stretch glass) is an indispensable component of any restoration project which needs to satisfy the requirements for this classic type of glazing.
- There are a multitude of further processing options for our mouth-blown window glass. Is can be used as a hardened (pre-stressed) single pane, as an outer pane in insulating glass or as laminated glass.
- The result is a perfect symbiosis between contemporary thermal insulation and historically correct appearance.
- Handcrafted window glass is used whenever the sharp and hard reflections of machine-made glass are to be avoided in order to preserve or regain the original appearance of historical buildings.
- Depending on the period and architectural style (Romanesque / Baroque / Rococo / Classicism / Historicism / Art Nouveau / Bauhaus Style / New Building and Modernism), we offer you the appropriate glass.
- Mouth-blown restoration glass is the first choice for authentic monument preservation.
Please contact us, we will be happy to assist you with your selection!
restauro® Light 2 mm
Without any mold our craftsmen form the glass cylinder by blowing in the blow pit. This gives restauro® Light its smooth surface. Slight distortions and subtle, occasional reams are its prominent feature. Beside the use as window-glass, we recommend restauro® Light 2 mm for furniture-restoration and -glazing. Sizes: ca. 85 x 100 cm (33" x 39").
Thickness: ca. 2 mm (1/12")
restauro® Light 2 mm video
restauro® Light 3 mm
restauro® Light 3 mm has similar optical properties to restauro® Light 2 mm. Its thickness of 3 mm is suitable for insulation glasses with sizes up to 80 x 85 (31" x 33") cm.
Thickness: ca. 3 mm (1/12")
restauro® Classic 3 mm
Manufactured in old tradition, restauro® Classic 3 mm resembles the authentic look of window glasses from the 17th and 18th century. The distortions in its appearance are pronounced and especially suited for glazings of colonial-style windows and as part of insulation glass for better thermal insulation.
Sizes: ca. 60 x 90 cm (24" x 36")
Thickness: ca. 3 mm (1/8")
restauro® Classic 3 mm video
Waldglas is the German term for mouthblown window-glass with a slight greenish coloring that is typically found in original, ancient window glass. restauro® Waldglass can be produced on request as both, restauro® Light and restauro® Classic.
restauro® Waldglas video
For customers that set a stronger value on authenticity we ask our glass-blowers to pay special attention to creating that special look that is typical for original glazings. Distortions are stronger and reams more frequent. Features that mimic glass being produced under much harder conditions, as it was a 100 years ago.
Sizes: ca. 85 x 100 cm (33" x 39")
Thickness: ca. 2 - 3 mm (1/10")
restauro® UV is the only UV-protection glass where the filter is directly integrated. There is no film, no coating, no lamination. restauro® UV filters daylight and protects against UV-rays below 400nm. It can be used for traditional lead glazing as well as double glazing and laminated glass.
Various dimensions are available on request.
More information can be found here